At a recent workshop we were discussing Vision statements.
The best vision statements, to my mind, are those which communicate an absorbing and motivating message in simple terms. They clearly indicate the business the organisation is in.
Here are a few that I liked:
- 3M – “To solve unsolved problems innovatively”
- Merck- “To preserve and improve human life”
- Wal Mart-”To give ordinary folk the chance to buy the same things as rich people”
- Walt Disney-”To make people happy”
- General Electric : “We bring good things to life”.
Which are the ones you like best?
I recommend the Disney one. Simple, short and concrete.
Prem Rao said:
Thanks for your comment. I like that one too.